Angels, Vampires, Humans, governed by Archangels. What else could you want?

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Scent of roses on a sunlit beach

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vincent Wilks

Vincent Wilks

Scent of roses on a sunlit beach Empty
PostSubject: Scent of roses on a sunlit beach   Scent of roses on a sunlit beach Icon_minitimeSat 20 Oct - 19:28

I work alone. I had told the guild. They knew I didn't work with amateurs. They also knew I would never refuse a direct order. So when the Guild Director called me to his office and told me to show the new transfer around the land while on a hunt, I felt compelled to do as he said. I really didn't want to have someone by my side when I hunted, I was a very solitary man, but I had no choice now.
Which brought me in this park as the sun was setting. My back against an old oak tree, I missed nothing going around me. The couple of human and vampire further behind me, her excited scent as he fed from her, his excited scent as her blood filled his mouth. The young vampire walking a few hundred feet away, nervous and afraid. He probably did something to anger his Master and feared the punishment. And finally the scent of roses on a sunlit beach. Vampires had odd scents, but this one wasn't unpleasant.
Turning my head towards the scent, I spotted a young woman, very young vampire, standing further away, looking for someone. Figuring it might be me, I pushed myself away from the shadow of the tree and walked towards her.

"The guild sent you?"
Back to top Go down
Kalyann Cross

Kalyann Cross

PostSubject: Re: Scent of roses on a sunlit beach   Scent of roses on a sunlit beach Icon_minitimeSun 21 Oct - 19:17

I was standing next to a bench waiting to spot who the guild sent me as a guide. The only thing I had asked was that he wasn’t a man, since all that had happened I just couldn’t stand being around one. In the shadow of a tree there was someone but couldn’t for sure tell who or what he or it was! People around here seemed nervous but I couldn’t care less. I stood there waiting for someone to show up, I saw this guy walked up to me and sighed, a man it was a man! He asked me if I was the one that the guild sended. I sighed again and turn to him, at least he was good looking for a guy!

« Yes I am! And you are? »

I was only polite for the meaning but talking to someone was not like me. I was actually always alone and I liked it that way, I was not happy with this change. When I calmed down I notice the sent he had a scent of mix of forest and spices which was actually a scent that had an effect of calming me. First time that I’ve ever felt this way, that close to a man! He was making me nervous, and I didn’t know how to act in this situation.
Back to top Go down
Vincent Wilks

Vincent Wilks

PostSubject: Re: Scent of roses on a sunlit beach   Scent of roses on a sunlit beach Icon_minitimeSun 21 Oct - 19:35

This was her then. She sighed a lot. I didn't care much, but her face bothered me a bit. There was something in her eyes that hid a darkness that only a monster could have created. For some reason, it angered me that something had hurt this woman. Maybe it was my years as a protected and defender, but a broken woman wasn't a good thing. For now, I would not push her to tell me anything. I would eventually find out what I needed to know and hunt the beast that had harmed her. It wasn't in my nature to let emotions show on my face, but I tried to soften my look so I didn't scare her much. I also gave her the space a broken woman needed. I had to think of work. I was to show her around, point out targets from non targets. I could even show her the vampires and angels that had a high rank amongst the city.

"Very well. You can call me Vincent or Vince. Only tell me your name if you wish. Please follow me, I will do my best to be your guide, my Lady."

Hiding my age was difficult, I was told that my speech often tells people that I'm not from this era. I was raised with courtesy, being by Elijah's side for many years, I was taught to be polite and respectful. And my protective instincts were fully heightened next to this woman. I walked slowly, there was no need for speed, no need to hurry. I brought her to the other side of the park and pointed towards the Archangel's Tower.

"The Lord of North America leads his business from the top of that tower. He is Raphael, the Archangel. We can go to the tower whenever we want, but I hate dealing with Dmitry so I avoid it. However, reporting to the man is important when a rogue is considered dangerous."

I walked a little bit more. She was new around here, she probably didn't know much of anything in town. I stopped near a small, quiet brook and sat in the grass.

"Do you have a house? A place to rest while you're here? If you don't, the Guild has some bedrooms you can use. Not much privacy there though. Still, it's a roof over your head when you need it."
Back to top Go down
Kalyann Cross

Kalyann Cross

PostSubject: Re: Scent of roses on a sunlit beach   Scent of roses on a sunlit beach Icon_minitimeSun 21 Oct - 20:09

Awkwardly I felt something change in his way of talking to me, he was now nicer in his way of speaking to me, even his attitude had a change. But I couldn’t focus on that for now! He gaved me just enough space for me to feel comfortable, at least for now. I followed him around carefully to not bump or touch him by mistake, I hated being touched by someone. Each time I had tried, a sickness in my stomach held me back this was why I couldn’t have friends or even someone to love. I felt a sadness coming over me and immediately chased it away, I should have been used to it by now! I started thinking if I should give him my name when he asked but then focused on the tower he talked about. When he talked about a house I knew immediately that I would not be able to stay in the Guild with other people, it was not an option for me. I turned to him I hadn’t said a word at anything he had asked bit I just had to tell him.

“ For the house issue i’ll find a place to sleep outside, sleeping in the bedrooms will be an issue for me! “

I could otherwise just change for a night into a wolf and sleep for a couples of hours, even though after wise I would have no more energy and I would have to stay “in bed” the next day to fully get my energy back. But at least this way I wouldn’t see or have to sleep to close to other people. I looked at the tower again, the structure was actually pretty amazing. I’ll just sleep under a tree or something that will be all! leaning against a tree next to where he was sitting I looked up at the sky and simply said:

“ If you must address me by a name just call me Kaly for now! “
Back to top Go down
Vincent Wilks

Vincent Wilks

PostSubject: Re: Scent of roses on a sunlit beach   Scent of roses on a sunlit beach Icon_minitimeSun 21 Oct - 20:35

Kaly. Names had changed with the years. Her name was unique, but then again, my name wasn't my true name, I was just sick of people not saying it right so I changed it. Vincent was simpler for everyone. However I couldn't let go that she had no place to rest her head for the night. Though her scent kept going from nervous to terror as she walked with me, spoke to me. Maybe it was the proximity to other people that scared her. It was a good thing I stayed away from her, I was told my presence was sometimes intimidating.
I stayed quiet for a time until the scent of metal and berries rose from the brook. Looking down, the clear water slowly turned red. I jumped to my feet. Metal with berries, that was the scent of a vampire, but there was something else. Ginger and fresh cut grass with a hint of acid. Last time I smelt acid it was with an angel that was borderline crazy. Feathers appeared on my forearms as I grabbed one of my curved dagger and walked directly in the brook, the hunt began. I signed towards Kaly to follow me. She was a hunter as well, so she must know to follow her nose, but just in case, I kept an eye on her as well. My focus was split, but I could handle it. The water was growing darker, red, rich with blood as I walked closer to the scent. My eyes were already used to the dark as we found the body. A vampire, mature. It would not have been easy to kill him, but his brain was gone, he would never live again. His wounds were visibly those caused by a blade.
Following the other scent, I found that he had flown away. Definitely an angel then. I would have to report to the guild and... Dmitry. With no sign of immediate danger, I put my dagger agmway, the feathers disappearing at the same time. I sighed and turned to Kaly. She was wet for having followed me in the brook, I felt bad, but Hunters had to be ready to get wet or dirty for the hunt.

"Do you have a phone? We need to report the dead vampire. It's too bad, he was a librarian, very nice guy. As for a place to stay, you can use the safe house for now, nobody there."

My heart was pounding, hunting was probably the only thing that still had me this excited now. No killing, no battle, just hunting. The thrill of finding my target.
Back to top Go down
Kalyann Cross

Kalyann Cross

PostSubject: Re: Scent of roses on a sunlit beach   Scent of roses on a sunlit beach Icon_minitimeSun 21 Oct - 21:16

Felt as if I was hiding something, Kaly was always the name I gaved to people I din’t trust, or that I needed to hide from. He acted very gentlemanly and it made me feel a little better! The silence that had installed between us was making me uncomfortable, as I was about to say something I felt an awkwardly feeling and then he sighed me to follow him. Automatically my protective shell left my body and I turned into a wolf to be ready to jump or defend him if needed. I smelled the body at the same time as he did we followed the sent there was an other sent that I din’t well know but for now it wasn’t the most important. Only when he put his dagger away did I change back to my original form. Animorph was my favourite part of it I really loved using this ability! I was wet as if a cloud had poored down on me, but it didn’t mater getting dirty was never an issue for me.

I saw that he was looking at me and I looked straight in his eyes, I heard his heartbeat pounding in his chest, mine was doing the same, probably the vampire side. His eyes though seemed guilty for getting me dirty and wet. He asked me for a phone the only good thing about my transition is that turning back it was with all of my close and stuff. I reached in my inside pocket and took out my phone to hand to him.

While he reached the phone I kept a good gripped at it and when he tried to take it I hold it back saying:

“ Don’t mind being wet and dirty so don’t make a petty face, I’m not the girly girly type of girl, I’m a hunter “
Back to top Go down
Vincent Wilks

Vincent Wilks

PostSubject: Re: Scent of roses on a sunlit beach   Scent of roses on a sunlit beach Icon_minitimeSun 21 Oct - 21:33

I smiled. Couldn't help it. The way she said it, looking straight in my eyes, the strength behind her voice and her stance, it made me feel hope that she wasn't broken beyond repair.

"And so you are. I never assumed you weren't a warrior, I simply dislike getting mud and blood on a woman. It would be the same as dropping a rose into manure, for me, from whence I come, it's wrong."

When she released the phone, I quickly dialed the Guild's number. They answered after the second ring, as usual. I told them the situation, they said they'd send a cleanup crew and send word to Dmitry themselves. Good. I didn't want to deal with that man. He may be good at his job but, quite frankly, the man is an ass. Once the call was over, I gave her the phone back.

"Well this wasn't what I expected. I wanted to show you the key locations a hunter needs to keep an eye on, but now we have to wait after the cleanup crew."

This was the moment I could at least ask her about the interesting ability she had shown me. I have seen many abilities in my lifetime, but rarely had I seen such a beautiful wolf form. Usually, I could tell they weren't beasts, but this woman had a perfect form.

"A wolf, huh? Very beautiful form, rarely seen any better. Can you turn into others or is lupumorph the only gift?"

She had seen the feathers sprouting from my arm when I held my dagger, so she knew some of my ability. No blade could cut my skin with my feathers out, they were my armor. I folded my arms on my chest and breathed in the odor that was left in the air. The acidic stench really bothered me.
Back to top Go down
Kalyann Cross

Kalyann Cross

PostSubject: Re: Scent of roses on a sunlit beach   Scent of roses on a sunlit beach Icon_minitimeSun 21 Oct - 22:08

His smile made me blushed, and since I never blush it made me even blushed more. Why was I blushing? His phrase made me feel better I felt like he saw me as more then just a woman, and this was what I always wanted people understand that a woman was more than just a woman, i felt as his equal and that felt really good!

He tooked the phone and I listen to what he said when he handed me my phone back he told me about the waiting time for the cleanup. This was going to be a boring wait! When he flattered my ability to do a great wolf, it made me happy. My wolf was my favourite animal to become and even though I could transform into any animal perfectly my wolf was still pretty huge! Instead of telling him I just decided to show him! I pictured a black horse in my head and transformed into one. I stood there in front of him I knew I would probably regret it later transforming was limited for me and that I could deal with but the problem was the drawback it takes my energy and sometimes if I use it to much I can even faint out of it. I changed back to myself and looked at him.

“I have the Animorph gift and honestly I love it!”

My smile was true I really loved transforming even if it could destroy me as well but this once I felt like it was okay if I was missing energy since I wasn’t alone I could probably count on him if something happened.  I still din’t trust him but compared to mostly men I had ever met he felt more trustworthy then any other person I had ever met! So I decided to let him be my judge for the next hour. If he wasn’t well I would just have to bail and hide for me to heal enough till the next day.
Back to top Go down
Vincent Wilks

Vincent Wilks

PostSubject: Re: Scent of roses on a sunlit beach   Scent of roses on a sunlit beach Icon_minitimeSun 21 Oct - 22:33

In front of me, she changed into a black horse. Beautiful. Black seemed to be her color. I had heard so morphs had limits, these changes must exhaust her. I would have to keep an eye on her. When she stood back on her own two legs, I saw pride and excitement in her eyes. I only felt peace for the trust she was showing me by changing like that in front of my eyes. Her bright smile warmed my usually uncaring heart. I was used to battlefields, blood, death, seeing her smile and her ability was like seeing a single snowflake after a firestorm. It was refreshing to me.

"Animorph is known to be a taxing gift, be sure not to overuse it. Lord Elijah mocked me by calling me a glorified rooster. I've feathermorph. Depending where I make the feathers appear, they grant me a boost. They're useful in combat, these feathers can stop a bullet."

I had never spoken about myself so much to anybody. I'd rather people try to figure me out, they'd normally give up before they can, but I felt comfortable around Kaly. A woman, a warrior. It reminded me of my youth, but she was well brought up at least. The warrior women from my time were frightening. It took so time of us talking calmly before an angel with blue wings appeared. Illium, one of Raphael's seven. I actually liked this one. He landed near me and smiled at Kaly.

"Vincy, long time no see! Guild called, said you found a body? Dmitry was busy so I decided to fly by. Who's the pretty lady?"

Illium was nice, he was known as the butterfly because of his wings, but he was quite a powerful warrior, even I couldn't beat him in single combat. Of all the seven, he's the one I trusted most.

"The lady will introduce herself if she wishes. As for the body, it's over there under the two young maples."

With another carefree smile, he walked towards the dead while the cleaning crew started appearing.

"He won't bite. Illium is notorious for being childish, but he's not like Dmitry. I should take you to the safe house, we have nothing else to do here and they must investigate."

Out of courtesy, I offered her my hand.
Back to top Go down
Kalyann Cross

Kalyann Cross

PostSubject: Re: Scent of roses on a sunlit beach   Scent of roses on a sunlit beach Icon_minitimeMon 22 Oct - 20:12

The way he looked at me! I felt my heart raced and I didn’t know why. An unusual feeling came up to me that I couldn’t explain. He seemed really amazed by my ability and it made me feel happy that someone else enjoyed as much as me, my ability of becoming any animal. When he told me to be careful to not overuse it, a smile came on my lips funny how two minds can think alike.

Talking with him was pretty refreshing and as I was about to ask a question about his ability when an Angel appeared next to us. I took a step back to be further from him and without even noticing went behind Vince, to take cover! He seemed nice but still I never felt good around angels they were usually not trustworthy. I don’t know if he felt my insecurity but he told me about Illium being one of the good guys but still din’t feel better. I couldn’t say a word to him and I was to uncomfortable to introduce myself to him. He talked to me about going to the safe house and as I was about to start walking I saw his hand!

I din’t know how to react to his move and I stood there for about one hole minute and then taking my courage I handed my hand, it was shaking because of my nerves! This was not something I knew how to react to and I was never caught by guard except for this time!

He was not like the other mens that I had met!
Back to top Go down
Vincent Wilks

Vincent Wilks

PostSubject: Re: Scent of roses on a sunlit beach   Scent of roses on a sunlit beach Icon_minitimeMon 22 Oct - 20:30

Her hand touched mine. She was trembling. Probably fear. However, it wasn't me she feared, it was the whole of men. To fear Illium was odd. Nobody feared him, which was why he was so good in his job.

"Qui nocet, non est mulier virum et virum"

Seeing her confused face, I smiled and started walking with her, holding her hand like it had always been in mine.

"Elijah loves to teach, even dead languages. That was Latin. A man who hurt a woman is no man. It was something he always told his soldiers."

I stopped, looked at her straight in her eyes. I could smell her nerves, her fear but also some excitement. Didn't know to what, but it was better than fear in my mind.

"I was raised to protect. When I was turned, Elijah enforced my belief that all life is precious. I don't know who hurt you in the past, but im not the one who will raise my hand on you."

Women had tested that theory along the years. They've slapped me, punched me, kicked me and even stabbed me, I have never hit back. Women were not weak, but they held the responsibility to give life. Children were so rare to immortal, impossible for a vampire my age, so they were protected like precious works of art, the most important element of our nation. Without women, those rare children would never exist. However, I would fight a woman in a combat setting, I will not kill her, just incapacitate her.
I walked Kaly deeper into the park until we reached a fenced private yard with a simple cottage house hidden in the trees. I knew the combination for the doors so I opened the gate, waited for her to go in and closed it properly. Then I did the same to the house.

"The combination is 3023. There's food in the fridge, electricity is always on, bedrooms are down the hall, each with their bathroom. You can stay here as long as you want."
Back to top Go down
Kalyann Cross

Kalyann Cross

PostSubject: Re: Scent of roses on a sunlit beach   Scent of roses on a sunlit beach Icon_minitimeMon 22 Oct - 20:55

His hand felt to me as a calming device, instantly I felt okay to me near him but still scared at the same time, it was an awkward feeling. I saw a cornered smile when he saw my face react to his latin! He kept my hand in his and I felt my cheeks turn to red again, but again chased this right away.

When he told me the meaning a panic camed over me, never had I talked about what had happened and for him to see past my wall was for me an even bigger fear! Finally it was his eyes looking straight yp mine that calmed me.

He brought me to the cottage, automatically I like this small house din’t know why but still. As he showed me around he gaved me the details and I smiled! After the small tour he went to let me setup, as he was about to leave I grabbed his hand and made him turned to see his face.

“ I am who I am with my pains and my past I cannot change what happened but it made me who I am and even though I have a lot of insecurities I like the new me! Never again will I let a man touch me! “

I was looking at him straight in his eyes I definitely didn’t want petty from him. I din’t want that from him, especially not from him!
Back to top Go down
Vincent Wilks

Vincent Wilks

PostSubject: Re: Scent of roses on a sunlit beach   Scent of roses on a sunlit beach Icon_minitimeMon 22 Oct - 21:12

It always surprised me when she caught me and stopped me from leaving her side. Though it was pride when she told me about who she had become. The hardships she had to live through had molded her into a woman made of crystal surrounded by iron. A hard shell, but a sensitive heart.
Many years ago, I had a woman in my life. She was strong and proud, she served Elijah, same as me. She was my heart back then, but when she returned from a mission, the woman I knew was broken. She would wake up in the middle of the night screaming, wouldn't eat, I couldn't hug her or kiss her. An oneiramancer, a dream seer, had looked into her and showed me everything that had happened. Kaly was reacting like her, but in a softer way.
Without thinking, I brushed my fingers on her cheek, pushed some of her hair behind her ear. Being with her felt as easy as breathing. It was odd. I never felt that. Maybe this is what lord Raphael felt for his consort.

"You should never let a man touch you in a way you don't approve. You deserve the same respect as the Archangels themselves."

My old flame was out. She never recovered to be the woman I loved. She left one day and never came back. Elijah had been there for me, supported me. My heart had shut tightly, but Kaly... She walked in it so easily. Noticing my thumb slowly rubbing her cheek, I moved it away slowly, no sudden movements. I didn't want to scare her.

"Forgive me, I was not thinking. I can stay by the door if you want me to. Be your own personal guard while you rest."
Back to top Go down
Kalyann Cross

Kalyann Cross

PostSubject: Re: Scent of roses on a sunlit beach   Scent of roses on a sunlit beach Icon_minitimeMon 22 Oct - 22:12

When I told him what I thought I felt him drifting away,as if we went back somewhere in his past. And awkwardly I felt somewhat jealous, but why? But my jealousy left when he touched my cheek, that created a huge mix of emotions in me! Telling me I was worth the same respect as Archangels, was for me the nicest thing to hear. I felt worthy!

He let go slowly of my cheek and I actually just wanted him to continue. I didn’t know what exactly I wanted but it was something more. What was I thinking of right now?

“ I would appreciate it if you could be my guard while I rest thanks!”

I felt safe with him even if a part of me was still scared of letting my guard down. But I had a feeling I could trust him. At least for once maybe I could sleep, which is something I never fully did! Maybe this once I could even sleep!

“ I need to take a shower do you mind waiting? “

I hoped that he wouldn’t see my back with what happened in my past my back was what I was more ashamed of. A huge scar was running from the upper of my spine through the bottom of it. In a way it reminded me to never let myself get beaten down ever again.

I smiled at him softly and touch his arm while going to the bathroom!
Back to top Go down
Vincent Wilks

Vincent Wilks

PostSubject: Re: Scent of roses on a sunlit beach   Scent of roses on a sunlit beach Icon_minitimeMon 22 Oct - 22:37

She agreed to me guarding her. I smiled more, it felt nice to be depended upon. I nodded and turned around, leaving her with some privacy. I heard her moving around and only turned towards the room when the shower started. The residue of her hand's warmth on my arm reminded me that I used to be a very physical person. I used to love feeling touched, part of a group, part of something. In the past, I'd hug or grab my brethren's arms as a welcome or a congratulations. I don't remember when that all changed. When I refused to be touched, when did I start moving away from open arms? Was it after she'd left me? Was it later than that? I couldn't recall, but Kaly reminded me that another person's touch wasn't toxic. And her touch, I wanted more of.
Steam slowly made its way across the cottage, she liked her showers hot. I smirked, I used to be like that too, now I prefer them cold. Probably because it helps keep me focus. I had been in this cottage many times before, it felt cold and empty when I came here alone, with her, it felt like a cozy home. It helped to feel needed by her as well. I leaned against the front door after making sure it was completely locked. I heard flapping wings landing. The scent told me it was Illium.

"Hey... You know the vamp in the park?"

He spoke through the door, he knew I wouldn't move and I wouldn't open. He knew I had taken up protecting Kaly. I wouldn't waste my time with a woman I didn't want to spend time with.

"He was in your battalion. He was one of Elijah's. Is someone after you?"

Not that I knew of. Only enemies I had were the vamps I caught that tried to run from their contracts. And they were all very tied up with their Angelic masters at the moment. He promised to find out what was going and flew off just as Kaly walked back in the room. I simply smiled at her.
Back to top Go down
Kalyann Cross

Kalyann Cross

PostSubject: Re: Scent of roses on a sunlit beach   Scent of roses on a sunlit beach Icon_minitimeMon 22 Oct - 23:04

The shower felt good if I was human the heat would probably burn me but since my transformation it was just never hot enough. In the shower I was able to think more! Why was I feeling the way I was? What was it? Could I have feelings for him? No I couldn’t it’s simply impossible! While the water was dripping on my body I let all the negativity go away maybe it was time for me to try and deal with the pain! This way I could maybe move on. When I finally came out I took a towel and wrapped it around me my clothes needed to be washed. So I just got out like this well if he din’t like it he could just look away!

But when I opened the door there he was I felt like if he was lost in his thoughts but the smile he gave me made me forget instantly. I saw his eyes looking at me but this time he wasn’t looking only in my eyes!

“ Do you know where I can wash these? Sorry din’t bother to bring more clothes I thought I wouldn’t stick around!”

He didn’t answer right away and I just lookes at him. Yeah he was actually pretty good looking! I started thinking about his arms how it would be to have them around me! I shaked my head to washed away my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Vincent Wilks

Vincent Wilks

PostSubject: Re: Scent of roses on a sunlit beach   Scent of roses on a sunlit beach Icon_minitimeMon 22 Oct - 23:21

This was a sight I wasn't expecting. Just a towel. Nothing else covering the silk of her skin but her long hair. She asked where sh could wash her clothes, but added something that made me hurt a bit. She didn't plan on staying around. I couldn't leave, I had a deal with Raphael's seven. I was their link with the guild. Well she had her own life after all, she had nothing that held her here. I pushed myself away from the front door and opened the door to the basement.

"Full laundry room down there. I can do that for you, you should rest."

I grabbed her clothes, passed my fingers on her warm cheek with a smile and went down the stairs. I put her clothes in the machine and the soap, then started the load. The first I had done this was terrible, there was soap suds everywhere. Elijah had laughed at me so hard.
She would leave. Of course. Everything had been in my own mind after all. If there was something that couldn't be explained between us, it just wasn't strong enough to keep her by my side. It was unfortunate. Actually, it was painful. But I would never hold her back. She was free. Another man had held her against her will, I would not be that man. I would let the wolf hunt in the forest, the horse run in the meadows.
I gathered my thoughts and climbed back up the stairs. There was no point in sulking, I could enjoy her company for the moment. The good thing about being a vampire, time had little meaning. I could see her again, when she was ready to see me. I saw her on the couch when I got up the stairs.

"The guild has satellite TV, whatever that is. Hungry? I can make some food."
Back to top Go down
Kalyann Cross

Kalyann Cross

PostSubject: Re: Scent of roses on a sunlit beach   Scent of roses on a sunlit beach Icon_minitimeMon 22 Oct - 23:44

I watched him head down even if he told me to go rest, I couldn’t get myself to go to sleep his fingers on my cheek were just to good of a feeling to ignore! I decided to go wait for him on the couch, couldn’t bring myself to leave his side yet. I felt week in this position but with no clothes what else could I do! I heard him climbed back up and I looked at him with a smile. He seemed surprised that I was still there, probably thought I would have gone to bed, but I needed his presence for now.

“ You don’t know what satellite tv is? You should try and live with your generation!”

I was teasing him I had a smirked, it was kind of funny I laughed a bit!

“ Want me to show you? Maybe we could watch something while eating a little something? Unless you have something to do I don’t want to keep you from whatever you have to do!”

I just thought that maybe I was keeping him from doing something he had to do!

“ I’m sorry if you have something to do you can go I don’t want to keep you if you’re busy.”

I actually was sad thinking he might have to go, but I couldn’t ask of him to stay just so I could feel safe! He wasn’t my husband so I had no business to request him to stay!
Back to top Go down
Vincent Wilks

Vincent Wilks

PostSubject: Re: Scent of roses on a sunlit beach   Scent of roses on a sunlit beach Icon_minitimeTue 23 Oct - 0:00

My knowledge of today's technology was indeed laughable. I was lucky to even know how to use a phone, but I didn't own one. She seemed a little panic when she said she didn't want to keep me from what I had to do. I raised an eyebrow. And walked to the open kitchen, she could see me fine from the couch. I made some food quickly that we could eat sitting on the couch with our fingers. I then went to her and sat next to her.

"The only thing I have to do tonight is learn how that accursed satellite TV works. For the time being, Kaly, I'm yours."

My time was hers, my attention was hers, basically I couldn't care less if I had anything else to do. I didn't in any case. I put the plate on my thigh, closer than the table, so she could eat comfortably. My eyes often fell on her legs. The skin looked luscious and delicious. Like an exquisite honey. I wondered if she tasted sweet. Between vampires, a blood kiss was known to be the height of passion, though in her case, it might not be a good idea. I ate a bit of the finger food, then I ventured to give her some, from my own hand. It really did feel natural being with her. Like I had been waiting for her. Like she had always been with me. Not like Leesa. She was passion, not comfort.

"I am very tuned with today's technology... I just don't like it very much. And I never watched this thing, I'm not in a single spot long enough to get comfortable."
Back to top Go down
Kalyann Cross

Kalyann Cross

PostSubject: Re: Scent of roses on a sunlit beach   Scent of roses on a sunlit beach Icon_minitimeTue 23 Oct - 14:51

I looked at him, when he told me he was mine, I probably seemed surprise because I was never had I heard that phrase from someone and it made me feel good. Especially coming from him. While reaching for the remote I felt his eyes on me, normally any other man I would have slapped or at least said something to make them feel unwanted, but from him I actually like the way he looked at me.

I thought about how he talked of the satellite and smirked again it was funny. He reach out his hand to give me food and I delicately took it he was pretty good at it! He was like me never staying in a spot long enough to make it his home. I knew the feeling, but when I got change I bever wanted to be outside and tv was always a way to change my mind. That or either music! I always needed something to think about something else.

“ It’s actually pretty easy want me to show you?”

Not waiting for his response I started showing him how to browse how to change the volume and how to search for a movie and see it’s resumé. I felt his arm right next to me while he leaned to look at what I was showing him. The scent of him was just like a drug to me, and I forced myself out of it. While zapping I found something interesting and stopped to listen to it. I leaned back and brought my legs beneath me, it was a little chilly tonight! I reached out to get some of the food and hurt my hand against his. I looked at him and saw that he was doing the same, not knowing how to react I simply smiled at him. I waited not knowing what to do next. I leaned back again this time closer to him
Back to top Go down
Vincent Wilks

Vincent Wilks

PostSubject: Re: Scent of roses on a sunlit beach   Scent of roses on a sunlit beach Icon_minitimeTue 23 Oct - 15:11

She claimed it was easy to play with this thing, but in reality, I just saw too many buttons and way too many choices. I'd stick to books or traveling, not watching this satanic machine. She seemed cold so I moved my hand, hit hers, we ended up staring at each other for a time. My breathing so slow it sounded like it stopped, but I was still breathing fine. When she placed herself a little closer to me, I smiled, reached over her and pulled the small blanket to cover her.
The show or movie, I didn't really know the difference, I didn't really care either, was somewhat entertaining, but not as interesting than watching a pride of lions hunting a few gazelles or zebras. But it made her smile so I wouldn't take that away from her. When the plate of food was empty, I just placed it on the coffee table and got a little bit more comfortable. The good thing about today was the comfort, back when I was young, comfort was a luxurious down mattress. And as the name says, it was for the upper class. My family was not. Before I knew it, I felt her slipping towards me, I automatically placed my hand on her arm and let her rest against me as comfortably as she could get. What better way to keep her safe than having her this close to me?
I hadn't felt this close to anyone before, not even family. It was odd since this woman, I had just met her this day, yet I felt like I needed her. Maybe, with hope, she needed me as well. Hearing her steady breathing, I guessed she was dozing off so I grabbed the remote and did as she did, flipped through channels. I stopped at a documentary about animal survival. This thing might actually be interesting after all. Animals weren't cruel, not like men of today. They didn't hurt each other for fun. I looked down at the woman I was holding close to me. I would protect her.
I didn't move the whole night, letting her rest. When morning came, I wasn't even tired. I took my job seriously. I said I'd keep her safe and I did. I also made sure the blanket stayed on her, after all, a towel can easily fall off while a person slept.
Back to top Go down
Kalyann Cross

Kalyann Cross

PostSubject: Re: Scent of roses on a sunlit beach   Scent of roses on a sunlit beach Icon_minitimeTue 23 Oct - 16:50

I don’t remember the last time I slept this good. Probably his presence that had that effect on me. I felt relax for maybe the first time ever. I opened my eyes and felt his presence, I probably slipped while I was sleeping since now I was technically sleeping on him. I din’t want to move, he was to comfortable and his smell was still having the same effect on me. Calming me, soothing me! I needed this for now, only by his side did I feel secured!

I knew he probably knew that I was awake but since he didn’t seem to mind me staying this way I just took for granted to be in his arm. I moved a bit pressing myself against him, I hope he din’t mind! Taking my courage I turned around my head and looked at him!

“ I’m sorry for taking up so much space, and I ‘m sorry for keeping you from sleeping! You can go sleep if you want!”

He din’t seemed to mind but I felt bad to keep him from sleeping. Plus I had a feeling that this day would not be that all easy. And I had a bad feeling about today and my feelings were always accurate! If only it would be easier. I noticed an awkward smell, blood it was blood a lots of it! I jumped on my feet and transformed into the wolf I loved so much, but before anything Vince was already in the door!
Back to top Go down
Vincent Wilks

Vincent Wilks

PostSubject: Re: Scent of roses on a sunlit beach   Scent of roses on a sunlit beach Icon_minitimeTue 23 Oct - 17:14

I didn't need to sleep. I had been trained to deal with staying awake for days, besides, a vampire my age didn't need that much sleep. I only slept out of habit from my younger days. I could tell her about my training, I could tell her that I'd rather watch her sleep, but before I could say anything, she jumped and turned into a wolf. The smell of blood was everywhere and I was already at the front door. I had only smelt this much blood the last time I hunted a rogue that had killed around forty women out of pleasure and fun. An orgy gone wrong.
Not knowing what to expect beyond this door, I grew feathers out of my forearms, my spine and the back of my head. Both daggers placed in my hands, claws at the end of my fingers, I stayed quiet and listened. There was no noise except the steady sound of something dripping. No other scent except the blood on the other side of the door. My instincts were on high alert. My heart had a steady beat, my muscles tensed from the unknown.
Slowly, I opened the door. A pile of bodies waited on the front porch. Two bodies were hung from the ceiling of the porch. Their hearts were all missing. I recognized some of their faces...the ones intact at the very least. Vampires, humans even angels in the pile. Whoever was trying to send us a message wasn't weak. I walked out, carefully, listening to every sound, picking up every scent. Still only the pile of bodies. In blood, a message was written. "She is mine". Who? Kaly? This message infuriated me, she belonged to nobody. My need to protect her grew even more. If a maniac was going around killing people to get to her, he had to be stopped. Quickly. Hearing the wolf's paws ticking behind me, I kept my position by the door.

"Anybody got an eye on you?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scent of roses on a sunlit beach   Scent of roses on a sunlit beach Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scent of roses on a sunlit beach
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Divine Blood :: North America :: Park-
Jump to: